Disney Tales - Part #3 Tesla Journey from New Jersey to Key West

 

Finally . The Disney days are here. 

Praan was jumping for joy and excitement. I had mixed feelings though. To give a background , a few years ago I would be the first to jump in on rides or any adventures. But somewhere sometime, heights started making me dizzy . So I was not sure if I would enjoy the Disney experience. This was our first time at Disney . And most people I knew used to comment on the lines and queues at most rides. I have a huge problem with that. So off we went to the Disney Hollywood Studios with excitement , fear and joy . 


We took the boat from our resort . Because of Covid-19 restrictions , the fast-pass system was not active. There was a Star Wars show that had to be pre-booked and we had our booking for 12 Noon. This was turning out to be a problem because the rides we wanted to go had a wait time and we did not know when our booking slots would be called to board. So we spent the time going on smaller / no wait time rides until the star wars show started . We were called to board the star wars show on time but then there was some unforeseen delay after we boarded. Anyway that was a great show which we really enjoyed. After that , N joined us for a short break from work. This was yet another advantage of staying in the Walt Disney Resort / premises. He could join us for breaks . 

The rest of the afternoon was spent on one ride after another . Pran enjoyed the Slinky Dog ride the most . I had my eyes closed so I can't rate it or comment much :) 

After that we waited on a Rock N Roll ride line. When the line finally reached the end and it was our turn to board , Pran chickened out. He used to have a fear for dark places and loud sounds. He got the impression that this one was too loud or whatever ... It was embarrassing to back out at that point but I was glad too :) 

We made a few mistakes that day. We did not realize that the park was way less crowded than normal. Being the first day and the first Disney experience , we did not time the rides right. We left the good rides for last and I was tired by then and the wait times were higher in the late evening. Our last ride was another Star Wars based ride. It did not have a huge wait time earlier in the day but now it did. And it was a very disorienting experience . I got off it feeling pukey and dizzy.  We went back to the resort after it and at that point I was not sure if I wanted to do three more days of this .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a mommy

Tesla Journey from New Jersey to Key West (#2)

Now and Then .