Banana Peppers


Being the disorganized person that I am , I have had multiple blogs and more than one email addresses over the past 10 - 15 years.  So why do I need another blog ?

We went on a two and a half weeks long road trip in these times (to the future me : CoronaVirus Times) and I had an itch to document our trip. But I could not figure out my old email passwords / blog passwords etc . But I read through my one of my old blogs which had only around 10 posts and realized that I almost forgot that phase of my life. I forgot the good and ugly days and incidents that I never thought I would stop laughing about or stop crying about . I had a few posts documenting my Popsy's growing up dramas. Those posts overwhelmed me and I realized that I may have forgotten and lost such simple but warm and wonderful memories that happened in the last few years . 

Yet another reason is because it was Nnds birthday a few days ago . We were just back from our road trip and were on quarantine. He did not want me to bake a cake but Popsy was or pretended to be upset. With the one orange and limited ingredients I baked an orange cake which turned out to be the most unappealing cake I had baked in recent times. Why is it so ? Because I do not note down which recipe works for me . I have been baking for more than 10 years now but I do not stick to my recipes that work . So now that I am older and cannot afford to be silly , I decided to be more practical and here I am . 

But why banana peppers ? My old blogs always had pepper or some spice in it . Maybe because I come from the land of spices . Peppers and bananas grow in our backyard and everyone in my extended family is bananas over bananas. That is everyone except Poppy and me , we hate bananas.  We love peppers though. Yes Banana peppers too :)

So here is to another new beginning . This blog is for me . It is for the future me to read and smile and roll my eyes to think how silly I am today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a mommy

Now and Then .

Tesla Journey from New Jersey to Key West (#2)